Friday, May 15, 2009

2 Days to go....

How do you spell stress?? How about "d-a-u-g-h-t-e-r's b-r-i-d-a-l s-h-o-w-e-r"?? Loaded with out-laws, soon to be in-laws and the ex's girlfriend. Egad. Sunday will be a busy day. I'm planning on getting to the restaurant by 10 AM on Sunday to help my sister Denise get the place set up for the shower. Tomorrow I need to pick up wrapping paper to wrap the boxes that came in from Macy's. And I think I 'need' to pick up some spiffy green sandals. Holly's wedding registry has been decimated -- how nice is that!!

Tonight I skipped the gym in lieu of shopping for an outfit for Holly's shower. Maybe I'm different (I doubt it!) but shopping for clothes is not my favorite after-work activity. I told Maggie I'd only be gone a couple of hours but 4 hours later I arrived home with not one, but two dresses! Oh my. One for the shower, one for the rehearsal dinner. I am normally not one to plan 6 weeks ahead but look what happened. I tried on at least 15 suits, several looked nice, but decided the event called for a dress. I'll post the pictures of the dress after the shower -- don't want to give anything away!

I'll be at the gym first thing in the morning for an extra tough work out -- lots of abdominal work! Then I'll be off to Macy's for some snappy shoes. The evening will be a fundraiser for the 3 day Cancer Walk. Remind me not to over-indulge -- otherwise there will be serious bulges in the new dress!

No comments: