Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Project update

It doesn't take a lot to distract me from my work. I found this great piece at IKEA tonight. I made a quick run to the store after visiting my friend Seamus at the funeral home where his mother is being viewed.

I think this little table will be great for a yarn winding station since the swift can be attached at one end and either of my ball winders can go on the opposite end. When they're not in use these gadgets can rest on the shelves of the piece.

So tomorrow night's task will be what amounts undoubtedly to a 'simple' assembly project.

Tonight my quilting group met for our monthly meeting at Sue's house in lieu of our scheduled site, Kathy's house. Kathy is back in the hospital and facing an uncertain future as no one seems to be able to tell her why she's relapsing. While Diane, Sue, and Carol showed off their Stack 'n Whack blocks in various stages of completion, I kept knitting on my Holly Bag. Here is the progress so far. I've knit all of the second color and am about to switch back to two strands of the green and finish it up.



And a close up of the scale based on the quarter:



Just a few inches more to go and then the handles. Next up is another Holly Bag but in dark blue tones instead.

No comments: