Sunday, March 8, 2009

Raining Cats and Dogs

Woke up this morning to thunder and a pouring rain. Put the kibosh on working out. Not that I needed an excuse. Trying to catch up from the time change last night was enough, plus I had a bit of a headache that I'm attributing to the weather. Good thing it wasn't snow. I'm so tired of shoveling. Here's a fun game that I got in an email from Worldstart.com -- Snowplow. The game is based on a Boston Nor'easter. It's hysterical -- I'm so bad at it I was crashing into buildings and got smashed by the transit train. This may hit a little too close to home for the good people of Boston, who received a ton of the fluffy stuff this past week.

I spent the afternoon marking the quilting lines and then basting a quilt with several friends from my quilting stitch group, fondly known as the Chicken group. It's a super quilt and I'm eager to see it quilted.

I also shopped at two different Borders Books trying to spend a gift card from my parents for my birthday, which is tomorrow. Nothing I needed at the first store but the second one had a much better supply of knitting books. I picked up three new super books. Now if you can wait, I've included the links to Amazon for each book.

The first one is Jane Davis's latest: "Felting:The Complete Guide". It's so new it's not even in Ravelry's library yet. It's full of all types of felting projects and has super photos to help you along.

The second book, "Knit with Beads, Stunning Shawls & Wraps" by Scarlet Taylor, had to come home with me because of one specific pattern. I loved the cover shawl, Shimmering Shawlette, with is made from Rowan Kidsilk Haze, and uses 4mm and 6mm sequins. I think it could be 'the' accesory for my dress for Holly's wedding. No, I'm not worried about mohair being warm in June. Why do you say that???

My last selection today is the 'Chicks with Sticks Guide to Knitting", by Nancy Queen & Mary Ellen O'Connell. Congratulations ladies on a most excellent book. It's filled with super tips, like deciphering the care instructions on the ball bands. Honest to gosh, I could see myself making everything in the book. Can't say that about too many other books.

Well, it's time to fold some clothes, finish my glass of Pacific Rim Sweet Riesling and get to bed. I'm not getting any younger, you know. I need my beauty sleep.

No comments: