Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Ha....

Yes, indeedy, today is my birthday.  Precisely the 30th anniversary of my 18th birthday.  I honestly think I like being 48 rather than 18.  In many ways things are much better.  I have way more friends at this point in my life.  I have a decent job, at least for the time being, great hobbies that bring me a lot of pleasure, and kids who have turned out pretty darn well, if I do say so myself.

My daughter gave me two skeins of baby alpaca from a farm near where she teaches.  The owner is the social worker at her middle school.  I absolutely love the yarn -- warm natural brown -- positively scrumptious.

This yarn was shorn from Theo from Emerald Alpacas, in Gaines, MI, near Fenton.  Thank you Holly and thank you Theo!  

Apparently my son, Kevin, had a surprise waiting for me at my favorite LYS yesterday.  Unfortunately, I was over at my quilting friend's house helping mark and baste a quilt so I never made it over to Right Off The Sheep, as is the norm for Sunday afternoons.  They must have wondered where I was, especially since Kevin had purchased something there.  I should be able to sit and knit with my friends there on Sunday.

Tomorrow is the monthly Black Sheep Knitting Guild meeting.  Thursday is my quilt guild, Great Lakes Heritage Quilters, meeting, and Saturday is my rug hooking group, Thrums and Chums, monthly meeting.  Big week for meetings!

Tonight I had dinner with my parents and my children.  But that will have to be another post.  Oh, the drama.

2 comments:

Amoena said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry that I'm a day late :D

Suzanne said...

Thank you Amoena -- I posted my entry after you had gone to bed, so you're not late!